Hi I'm new and dont know how to get this working

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

RODTHEGOD
Space Krill

Hi I'm new and dont know how to get this working

#1 Post by RODTHEGOD »

Ya i just downloaded and installed freeorion but when i try to open it up all i get is this menu area where the words are scewed so i dont know what anything says and also it looks like theres supposed to be an image in the background because theres a question mark and underneith it it says image not found or something like that. so ya whats wrong and how do i fix it because this game looks pretty cool

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Hi I'm new and dont know how to get this working

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

What operating system are you using, which version of freeorion did you download, could you more clearly define "screwed up" as applied to words, and have you ever had another (or this) version installed before?

RODTHEGOD
Space Krill

#3 Post by RODTHEGOD »

I'm on windows XP, i downloaded both version 3.10 and 3.9, neither worked. and also i didnt mean "screwed up" i meant scewed like as in the letters are kinda all mixed together so that all i see are some white line things. i'll get a picture of it. and no i havent had any other version installed before

EDIT: heres what it looks like when i try to open 3.9

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Similar issues have appeared before:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=544942

Switch back to v0.3.10 and make sure your graphics drivers are updated. You might also check if your graphics card can handle OpenGL 1.5 or later.

Otherwise, we don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.