All research projects take 1 RP?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

pinback
Space Krill

All research projects take 1 RP?

#1 Post by pinback »

Sorry if this is something obvious or covered elsewhere. I found out about this project and tried it out this weekend. Looks amazing, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

One issue I faced in my "quickplay" sessions (just accepting all the defaults) was that every research project seemed to cost 1 RP. Since I had 10 RPs per turn, I was researching 10 new techs every turn. By the time I colonized my second planet I probably could have attained every tech in the game!

Is this a setting, or a glitch, or just something obvious that I screwed up?

Thanks.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: All research projects take 1 RP?

#2 Post by pd »

This was set up for testing purposes and will be changed once we are balancing things. Most techs don't do anything at this point anyway.

Roderick
Space Krill

#3 Post by Roderick »

I am having this problem too, is there a previous version I can download (for Windows) that doesn't have this problem?
Or maybe I could go into the settings and change it manually?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

This isn't a "problem", in the sense that it's done intentionally.

However, if you really want expensive techs, you can edit techs.txt in default/ in the main FreeOrion directory to alter tech costs or other properties, or add or remove techs. As long as you don't want to edit effects or conditions, the format should be fairly simple to figure out.