double click fails to work after having conquered a planet

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

planetbaker
Space Floater

double click fails to work after having conquered a planet

#1 Post by planetbaker »

It seems to me that I cannot use double click anymore (e.g. no research and production changes and additions anywhere) after one of my armed ships has taken over a rival's colony. I tested it now in two games in FreeOrion 0.3.13 on MacOS 10.6.2.

Please let me know, if I can help to verify / debug the issue; I didn't yet manage to compile the game, though with neither SDK (10.4u, 10.5 nor 10.6) - I still seem miss some required dependencies but didn't go deeper into it either.

Also please let me know, if (and where) there's a better place to report issues.
Unless stated explicitly and differently, any patches or artwork I should post in this forum are licensed under GPL v2 or - at your discretion - any later version of the GPL.

planetbaker
Space Floater

Re: double click fails to work after having conquered a planet

#2 Post by planetbaker »

That's weired. Now, having loaded one of my savegames where I saw the issue in, it works again and doesn't show when taking over yet another planet. So there must be some other conditions fullfilled at the same time it seems.
Unless stated explicitly and differently, any patches or artwork I should post in this forum are licensed under GPL v2 or - at your discretion - any later version of the GPL.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: double click fails to work after having conquered a planet

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

The problem may be unrelated to capturing a planet, and only coincidentally noticed after doing so due to your patterns in selecting various things in the UI.

To isolate the issue, please try to find an exact series of in-game actions / clicks to reproduce it. Every click might matter, and the shorter the series of clicks / double clicks / drags / zooms, etc. that can produce the result, the easier it will be to debug.