Noob question: Invading

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

strycat
Space Krill

Noob question: Invading

#1 Post by strycat »

So I've come across a medium toxic planet with the Imperial Palace of one of my AI enemies. I brought in a ton of ships to wipe out the fleet guarding it. That was successful. Now I've brought in a ton of troop ships for the ground assult. However I'm unable to actually invade it. Other worlds I've invaded showed an invade button after I selected the troop ships, but there's nothing for this world.

What am I doing wrong? How do I invade this world?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
no_invade.jpg
no_invade.jpg (150.49 KiB) Viewed 926 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Noob question: Invading

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You need to bring another ship with a better detection rating to that system. None of the ships you have there now can scan the planet well enough to allow an invasion.

strycat
Space Krill

#3 Post by strycat »

I guess this might should go under the suggestions category. The encyclopedia entry for ship parts (at least the scanners) don't tell you what technology you need to research to unlock it. Eventually I'll figure it out, but really should be something a noob could just look up.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by eleazar »

Your version is about 200 commits behind the latest. I believe this kind of situation doesn't happen any more.