Text colour bugs?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

winter leaf
Space Floater

Text colour bugs?

#1 Post by winter leaf »

For a long time i have been seeing this bug (if it is one,but it does seem like it) and i think it might confuse new players.Im playing test version 7064 and it still has not been fixed.I have also seen another one that is newer,isn't as confusing as the other but is still a bug.When I right-click a planet and click planet suitability,and the Pedia shows up,as normal,but the planet I am veiwing suitability for changes its name's colour to the colour of my empire.Is this a bug?It could make new players confused and make them think they have colonised the planet.Also,another one i have been seeing in 7064 is for Pedia pages with green text.If I scroll down the pedia page to a certain position,all the text on the window goes green.if you scroll too far you only see it for a split second.These are only minor and aren't game-breaking,but they can be a bit wierd.
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Text colour bugs?

#2 Post by Dilvish »

winter leaf wrote:When I right-click a planet and click planet suitability,and the Pedia shows up,as normal,but the planet I am veiwing suitability for changes its name's colour to the colour of my empire.Is this a bug?
Yes it's a bug. IIRC the color does go away if you change systems and then come back, which reduces the chance of colonization confusion, but I agree it still leaves some. Last time I worked on the related code I tried fixing that, but alas it was to no avail and I just couldn't see why my efforts didn't fix it. Perhaps one of these days another dev will look at it & their fresh eyes could hopefully catch the issue.
Also,another one i have been seeing in 7064 is for Pedia pages with green text.If I scroll down the pedia page to a certain position,all the text on the window goes green.if you scroll too far you only see it for a split second.
I've never noticed that, but will try to check for it next time I'm playing.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

winter leaf
Space Floater

#3 Post by winter leaf »

Okay,thanks for telling me.Let me know when you try the green one. :mrgreen:
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dilvish wrote:
Also,another one i have been seeing in 7064 is for Pedia pages with green text.If I scroll down the pedia page to a certain position,all the text on the window goes green.if you scroll too far you only see it for a split second.
I've never noticed that, but will try to check for it next time I'm playing.
This is possibly a quirk of GG's text / font code when breaking over line wraps.