Production Never

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

shawndream
Space Kraken

Production Never

#1 Post by shawndream »

Ran across an interesting bug.

Load the savegame and look at my production. The trooprock ships are estimated to be done "never" even though they are on top of the doomrock ship. If I move them below the doomrock ship they get estimated at 4 turns.

This savegame was made with SVN a few back, and I updated to the latest, recompiled and it's still there.
Attachments
never.zip
Savegame-buggyconstructiontrooprock
(412.47 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Everything I post is self-created unless noted otherwise. It is simultaneously released under GPL 2.0 or later, CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, and GNU Free Documentation 1.2. Make something awesome with it please!

Hihoo
Space Kraken

Re: Production Never

#2 Post by Hihoo »

i know this bug I think. after advancing one turn it crawls away again

OllyG
Space Kraken

#3 Post by OllyG »

I get this quite a bit when I add something new to the production queue and move it up the list. It always seems to resolve after advancing a turn.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

My guess would be that this has something to do with cost caching.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

shawndream wrote:This savegame was made with SVN a few back, and I updated to the latest, recompiled and it's still there.
On what OS did you build and play? I'm unable to load the save on my (sort of) latest SVN windows build...

shawndream
Space Kraken

#6 Post by shawndream »

Windows.

It should open with SVN from the post date of Dec31 (I downloaded and recompiled then to test it).
Everything I post is self-created unless noted otherwise. It is simultaneously released under GPL 2.0 or later, CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, and GNU Free Documentation 1.2. Make something awesome with it please!