Glorious Revolutionary... Asteroids? Shurely Shome Mishtake

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Glorious Revolutionary... Asteroids? Shurely Shome Mishtake

#1 Post by MatGB »

I have no idea if this is due to a recent change or whether it's just something that hasn't happened to me before, but in my current game two AI homeworlds were converted from asteroid belts, and still had asteroids as their name.

#6610, seed 0, 250 systems, 2-arm spiral, low,low,medium,medium,medium,medium,maniacal, 9 AIs.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it seems wrong, and would undoubtely confuse some players (it's a planet, not an asteroid field, etc).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Glorious Revolutionary... Asteroids? Shurely Shome Misht

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Oh yeah, sorry, that's a bug introduced by one of the more recent updates to scripted universe generation. I changed some mechanics a little, and now homeworlds that get converted from asteroid belts to planets aren't renamed properly. I plan to address this in my next update, but due to me being very busy ATM that may take a while.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

K, cool, was wondering what could have triggered it I'd forgotten your scripting was affecting existing generation as well now. I keep looking at the file for making my own layout and getting confused, at some point I'm going to script some constellations.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:I keep looking at the file for making my own layout and getting confused
Well, if there are particular things I might help to clarify, ask right away... :)