[6931] Something strange with Colony Bases

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Herode
Space Floater

[6931] Something strange with Colony Bases

#1 Post by Herode »

In the system Babel alpha, there is a homeworld planet populated by Chato (my starting planet).
The local shipyard has just produced a Colony base.
Unfortunately, this Colony base is populated with exobots.
This weird behavior shows since an exobot colony has been built in the same system.
Is it a bug or did I miss something ?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: [6931] Something strange with Colony Bases

#2 Post by MatGB »

That's either a bug or you've missed something. Did you already have an exobot colony there? In which case they could have built the base, you don't need a shipyard to build base hulls, that's part of the point of them, beyond that no clue.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Herode
Space Floater

#3 Post by Herode »

There a several planets in this system :
- Babel alpha I, inhabited by Chatos
- Babel alpha III populated by exobots
- Babel alpha II, uninhabited : it's this one I'm trying to colonize with Chatos. Exobots don't want to go there (not suitable)

The construction order has been given to Babel Alpha I, tha'ts why I expect the Colony Base to be filled with Chatos settlers, not exobots.
I'm sure I did not give the order to the exobots colony because I made the experience twice (just in case...).

Herode
Space Floater

#4 Post by Herode »

Herode wrote:I'm sure I did not give the order to the exobots colony because I made the experience twice (just in case...).
Not so sure after all : the thrid attemps gave me a Chato Colony base as expected.
Hum... I'm going to investigate a little further. I'll tell you.