All Occupied entities to be pulled in the void.[bug?]

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ulixes
Space Krill

All Occupied entities to be pulled in the void.[bug?]

#1 Post by Ulixes »

I am not sure if this is a bug, or an actual (pretty messed up) in-game characteristic.

All of the planets I control, whether they are in my possesion from the beginning or just newly colonized or invaded. Are immediatly getting the Void metamorphisis special. Even outposts. Destroying the one system with an outpost with actual Void monsters didn't solve the problem.

If this isn't a bug, perhaps remove the feature. It either gives all my stations unfair stealth, or it simply decimates an entire galaxy arm of usable sites.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: All Occupied entities to be pulled in the void.[bug?]

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Adding Void Metamorphosis specials to planets your empire controls is an effect of the Phasing Cloak tech.

I don't remember the details of the discussion, but I think the idea was that it being present provides a possible reason other empire wouldn't be able to see the planet, so it being so stealthy doesn't immediately make it obviously owned by another empire.

Ulixes
Space Krill

Re: All Occupied entities to be pulled in the void.[bug?]

#3 Post by Ulixes »

Thank you, this seems to indeed be the case.