Test 7064 again:Super Testers on asteroids

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

winter leaf
Space Floater

Test 7064 again:Super Testers on asteroids

#1 Post by winter leaf »

A while ago near the end of the game (in the same game I had problems with on "Troop Bases") The AI was so close to being defeated.They had no ships left and I was one system away from their Homeworld.Just for fun,I built Super Tester Takeover on Gabriel Asteroids.The next turn,the building was produced.After that,I saw that there were no species on the planet.I saw in the sit rep there was a message saying "The colony on Gabriel Asteroids was destroyed!" Dispite the fact that super testers have adequate colonisation on asteroids.Ever since that turn in the game,the sit rep always shows that message.It isn't a major problem but its a very strange bug...
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Test 7064 again:Super Testers on asteroids

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Super Tester Takeover sets the species of a planet. It doesn't set the population. Having a species set on a planet with 0 population before the population growth / loss processing happens could do weird things.

You could try looking in buildings.txt for the super tester takeover building...

Code: Select all

name = "BLD_SUPER_TESTERS"
and change the effects of the first effectsgroup to

Code: Select all

effects = [
            SetSpecies name = "SP_SUPER_TEST"
            SetPopulation max(Target.Population, 1)
        ]
Might prevent such a situation... (or not... untested).

winter leaf
Space Floater

Re: Test 7064 again:Super Testers on asteroids

#3 Post by winter leaf »

Good idea.I will try it soon.
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)