Sollved: Laser_1 not appearing in ship design

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

mileser
Space Squid

Sollved: Laser_1 not appearing in ship design

#1 Post by mileser »

Version: FreeOrion-7117-MacOSX-10.6
System: Mac OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

The game seemed to be working as expected until I researched Laser_1 and went to design a ship using Laser_1 and it wasn't available to be built. Other ship parts I've researched show up such as the cryo pod and others, but Laser_1 is missing.

I'm attaching the save_game file that has the sitrep showing the researched tech.

I've even exited the game as well as even shutting the computer down and restarting.

BTW: Great Work! Love the game.
Attachments
Free Orion save game -Turn 112.sav.zip
(297.99 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Last edited by mileser on Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also: If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Laser_1 not appearing in ship design

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

You might have researched another part that is strictly better than Laser I. I believe in this case the UI will hide the "obsolete" part(s).

mileser
Space Squid

#3 Post by mileser »

I will research the next laser levels to see if they will show up. I have not researched Plasma Cannon, yet.

In the original 0.4.3, less useful techs still showed up as being able to be placed on the ship, but don't know what all changes have been made.
Also: If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

mileser
Space Squid

#4 Post by mileser »

Geoff the Medio wrote:You might have researched another part that is strictly better than Laser I. I believe in this case the UI will hide the "obsolete" part(s).
OK, researched to Laser_2. Laser_2 DOES show up. But so does the Mass_Driver_4. Wouldn't Mass_Driver_4 still be considered "obsolete" the discovery of Laser_2? Or is there a different logic to keep it?

Thank you for such an easy solution. :D

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

mileser wrote:Wouldn't Mass_Driver_4 still be considered "obsolete" the discovery of Laser_2? Or is there a different logic to keep it?
If a part is cheaper, faster to build, mountable more or different slots, or has a higher attack power, it won't be considered obsolete by another part.

mileser
Space Squid

#6 Post by mileser »

Gotcha! That is good reasoning.

This project is really making great headway and is very impressive!

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Sollved: Laser_1 not appearing in ship design

#7 Post by MatGB »

Aye, Laser1 is exactly the same damage as Mass Driver 3, but costs more, so you wouldn't want to put it on a ship with the current design setup.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.