Sentries and Sentinels not always blocking supply #7117

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Sentries and Sentinels not always blocking supply #7117

#1 Post by MatGB »

Can't pin down exactly what's happening but supply isn't consistently being blocked by Sentry, Sentinel and Dyson Forest static monsters, I just got the fleet in orbit around Xocotl to destroy the Eaxaw fleet there, as soon as that was destroyed supply opened up through the Sentinel, I'd noticed it a few times earlier but assumed a graphical glitch.

Will continue to observe but wondered if anyone else was seeing it or could predict a cause, the only patch that could affect it is the new non-aggressive auto status for non-armed fleets, but it shouldn't affect monsters, surely?
Attachments
monster-supply-block.png
monster-supply-block.png (167.24 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Sentries and Sentinels not always blocking supply #7117

#2 Post by MatGB »

Just confirmed, had a scout fly straight past one, if you don't try to stop in the system no fight happens, I therefore assume they're not set to aggressive for some reason, which I'm guessing is linked to the new patch.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:...I therefore assume they're not set to aggressive for some reason...
I think you can check that by doing a debug data dump on the fleet in the objects list.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

If you can I'm not seeing it
Attachments
monster-supply-block-debug.png
monster-supply-block-debug.png (27.24 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Mat Bowles

Geoff the Medio

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Fleet, not ship.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

Aha, yes, sorted, and I'm right. First is a monster, second is one of my stationary fleets which I knew was aggressive. Minor bug but it gives a player that knows about it an advantage over the AIs that stop at every system.
Attachments
monster-supply-block-debug.png
monster-supply-block-debug.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Mat Bowles

Geoff the Medio

#7 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:...the only patch that could affect it is the new non-aggressive auto status for non-armed fleets, but it shouldn't affect monsters, surely?
The patch probably could affect monsters, but sentinels are armed, so should have their fleet set to aggressive...

I think the problem is that the effect ship-creating code calls a create fleet function, which sets the fleet aggression based on whether the fleet contains any armed ships, but does so before it adds the ship to the fleet, so will always set the fleet to passive.