Game Often Won't Start / Unexpected Monsters

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Game Often Won't Start / Unexpected Monsters

#16 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:It runs fine, but when you click the shortcut to make it run, it crashes?
I understand him to be saying that when it first executes from the installer, it works fine, but not after that. That sort of reminds me of a permissions type thing, though I agree firewall is a likely bet.
djconklin wrote:Can't attach the freeoriond.log file because it is too big "the maximum upload size is 4194304 MB". But, the file folder says it is only 6,654 KB!!!!
That might be a global limit for uploads to this forum, perhaps Geoff needs to increase the limit. Still, you could try using 7zip to compress it to a zip and perhaps there could be space enough for that.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Game Often Won't Start / Unexpected Monsters

#17 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dilvish wrote:That might be a global limit for uploads to this forum, perhaps Geoff needs to increase the limit.
There's about 17.5 MiB free space in the current attachment quota. The maximum single file size is 1 MiB, however.