timing module name conflict with Fedora

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

timing module name conflict with Fedora

#1 Post by Dilvish »

turns out that Fedora python 2.7 apparently comes with a builtin timing module that conflicts with a timing module we had been using with the AI, causing the AI to crash. This is fixed in trunk SVN as of r7710. Until the next prepackaged release comes out, anyone running into this problem can apply the attached patch to fix it. (Vezzra, if we wind up doing any further bugfixes in the 0.4.4 branch then commit# 7710 should get merged in.)
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

Re: timing module name conflict with Fedora

#2 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Dilvish wrote:turns out that Fedora python 2.7 apparently comes with a builtin timing module that conflicts with a timing module we had been using with the AI, causing the AI to crash. This is fixed in trunk SVN as of r7710. Until the next prepackaged release comes out, anyone running into this problem can apply the attached patch to fix it. (Vezzra, if we wind up doing any further bugfixes in the 0.4.4 branch then commit# 7710 should get merged in.)
Python path with ai scripts has lower priority then system libs? Can you provide sys.path from logs?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: timing module name conflict with Fedora

#3 Post by Dilvish »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:Python path with ai scripts has lower priority then system libs?
"built-in" modules have the highest priority & apparently that's what this is for Fedora python 2.7 (based on the observed behavior and on the Fedora python2.7 Spec Files I found when searching).
Can you provide sys.path from logs?
The background info is in this thread.