Got no sitrep on mines/combat at outpost

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Kassiopeija
Dyson Forest

Got no sitrep on mines/combat at outpost

#1 Post by Kassiopeija »

hey, just playing a testgame in order to backcheck on some stuff

the 2 alien fleets arriving at my outpost actually trigger a fight, but I see no sitrep on it and also no report on the damage on mines (which I know should be there, saw the text in en.txt)

my outpost has 40 shields, 45 defense with mines doing 8 damage, as you can see from the fleet info they took considerable damage and planet shield+def is down, so a battle happened, but why is there no report on this?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (133.4 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (122.8 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Got no sitrep on mines/combat at outpost

#2 Post by Dilvish »

I did some work on outpost related combat issues a month ago or so, which I expect would have cleared up at least that portion of what you ran into, and I seem to recall that there was also some work done on mine sitreps. Your screenshots indicate you are running a version from SVN, which has to be fairly old; I recommend you run a current version.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Kassiopeija
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by Kassiopeija »

I'd love to do so, but how? is it those files posted at Github? I'm a little bit at a loss here, there's just so many files do I need to DL them and manually write over the old ones? and I don't even know which ones are for win or for linux :(

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Downloading and installing the latest test builds (based on Github code) should be no different from the version you have installed. Get the latest release for Windows (a .exe with Setup in the name) from the SourceForge FreeOrion Test builds directory:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeori ... rion/Test/

Kassiopeija
Dyson Forest

#5 Post by Kassiopeija »

thanks for the link. judging from the filedates there seems to be an update every week, or is this just coincidental?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

Every week, unless Vezzra is unavailable, he posts them with a link in one of the forums here so you can download directly.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.