Detection Range Circles [build 2015-06-14.5ee5d57]

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

AndrewW
Juggernaut

Detection Range Circles [build 2015-06-14.5ee5d57]

#1 Post by AndrewW »

Looks like we've still got a little glitch in the detection range circles:
Detection Circles.png
Detection Circles.png (308.9 KiB) Viewed 1597 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Detection Range Circles [build 2015-06-14.5ee5d57]

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

AndrewW wrote:Looks like we've still got a little glitch in the detection range circles:
That being? I don't immediately see a problem...

wheals
Space Squid

#3 Post by wheals »

I think he means the little triangle in the middle, created by the circles around Gion B, Morma, and the smaller circle around the deep space there not quite overlapping totally. Personally I agree it's not a big problem.
All my code and content provided herein or on GitHub is released under the GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0, as appropriate.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

wheals wrote:I think he means the little triangle in the middle, created by the circles around Gion B, Morma, and the smaller circle around the deep space there not quite overlapping totally. Personally I agree it's not a big problem.
If that's what he's referring to, it's not a problem at all, and is working as intended. That empire doesn't have detection range to see in the small region shown not covered by detection range circles.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#5 Post by AndrewW »

Geoff the Medio wrote:If that's what he's referring to, it's not a problem at all, and is working as intended. That empire doesn't have detection range to see in the small region shown not covered by detection range circles.
Possibly, hard to tell for sure. Never said it was a big problem. Though there had been an issue in the past with overlapping circles.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

AndrewW wrote:
Geoff the Medio wrote:If that's what he's referring to, it's not a problem at all, and is working as intended. That empire doesn't have detection range to see in the small region shown not covered by detection range circles.
Possibly, hard to tell for sure.
Can I take that as an implicit affirmation that this is indeed what you were referring to? I will also strongly endorse Geoff's statement that this is exactly the intended behavior, and more strongly, the desired behavior. This small sort-of-triangular shape is showing the gap between the three circular zones of detection. If you want to assert that there is something unclear then please at lease explain what you think is unclear and what is your basis for asserting it is unclear.
Never said it was a big problem.
The point is that it is not even a small problem, it is the desired result.
Though there had been an issue in the past with overlapping circles.
Yes, I fixed that quite a while back now (two years ago maybe?). The spot you see is not an overlap.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#7 Post by AndrewW »

Dilvish wrote:Can I take that as an implicit affirmation that this is indeed what you were referring to? I will also strongly endorse Geoff's statement that this is exactly the intended behavior, and more strongly, the desired behavior. This small sort-of-triangular shape is showing the gap between the three circular zones of detection. If you want to assert that there is something unclear then please at lease explain what you think is unclear and what is your basis for asserting it is unclear.
Yes, wasn't sure at the time if there should have been a gap there or not.
Dilvish wrote:Yes, I fixed that quite a while back now (two years ago maybe?). The spot you see is not an overlap.
Yup, I remember that. Just thought it might be cropping up again.