Ships refuse to attack a native planet

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

pwhk
Space Floater

Ships refuse to attack a native planet

#1 Post by pwhk »

...they just sit there doing nothing. Hence I cannot capture a native planet either.

The planet is clearly seen (not having crosshair on top etc)

Version: 2015-07-07.eab9966

The ships are at Qar'To gamma, save file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/525 ... 111626.sav

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Ships refuse to attack a native planet

#2 Post by MatGB »

That's a binary save file, which means it can only be opened by Devs using the same OS as you, which means you need to tell us what OS that is (it's not Linux as far as I can see).

Alternatively, go into options scroll across to Other and uncheck 'use binary serialisation', reboot the game, load it then save again (and you should normally be able to zip it and upload it here, although dropbox is fine).

But a screenshot is always a good plan, as sometimes we can diagnose the problem by just looking at the picture.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

pwhk
Space Floater

#3 Post by pwhk »

Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (364.94 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

pwhk
Space Floater

#4 Post by pwhk »

OK I think I know why, for some reason the fleet was set to Hide instead of Control System :oops:
(I don't believe I have ever changed that, maybe some misclicks that I didn't notice at all) :oops:

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Yup, warfleet set to hide, possibly you used the 'split damaged ships from fleet' command at some point? That's normally how I manage it.

Also, that's not a Native system, it's an AI controlled enemy system, hence it has defences that are stronger than most natives will, you might want to move the troop ships out as if the defences hit that you lose them.

(this is why screenshots are always good ;-) )
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.