Ship shields [build 2015-07-09.c09762a]

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

AndrewW
Juggernaut

Ship shields [build 2015-07-09.c09762a]

#1 Post by AndrewW »

Identical ships, this lasted over multiple turns. The five ships showing 0 shields where built together then sent down and combined with the two that are showing shields. Pulling a couple of ships out of the fleet and then combining them together again cleared it up.

Did try combining another fleet of five (though with only a single ship) later and shields where normal.
Shield.png
Shield.png (132.23 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Ship shields [build 2015-07-09.c09762a]

#2 Post by Dilvish »

If you can repeat it, can you check if just closing and reopening that FleetWindow would fix it -- the FleetWindow does not necessarliy refresh itself from turn to turn, which is most clearly visible if you have a traveling fleet selected and then when it lands you try to split a ship out of it.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#3 Post by AndrewW »

Dilvish wrote:If you can repeat it, can you check if just closing and reopening that FleetWindow would fix it -- the FleetWindow does not necessarliy refresh itself from turn to turn, which is most clearly visible if you have a traveling fleet selected and then when it lands you try to split a ship out of it.
Still shows up if I load the save then open the fleet window. Though is cleared the next turn from the save.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#4 Post by AndrewW »

Also noticed in that the ship speed should be 300 not 320...

Dilvish

#5 Post by Dilvish »

AndrewW wrote:Also noticed in that the ship speed should be 300 not 320...
Are you sure that's not from Interstellar logistics, or Lighthouse?

Also, on the shields, if there were Molecular Clouds around that knocked down the shields of some of those ships, and then when they got out of the cloud they were in combat, that would delay their shields getting back up to normal.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#6 Post by Vezzra »

Dilvish wrote:Also, on the shields, if there were Molecular Clouds around that knocked down the shields of some of those ships, and then when they got out of the cloud they were in combat, that would delay their shields getting back up to normal.
That doesn't fit with:
AndrewW wrote:Pulling a couple of ships out of the fleet and then combining them together again cleared it up.
...no?

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#7 Post by AndrewW »

Dilvish wrote:Are you sure that's not from Interstellar logistics, or Lighthouse?
Forgot about Interstellar Logistics that was it (no Lighthouses).
Dilvish wrote:Also, on the shields, if there were Molecular Clouds around that knocked down the shields of some of those ships, and then when they got out of the cloud they were in combat, that would delay their shields getting back up to normal.
This has been over multiple turns after they where combined, with no combat for that matter.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

There's definitely something weird going on here.
shield-regen-fail.png
shield-regen-fail.png (219.75 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
All the ships got to where they are through the molecular cloud and thus lost their shields. I deliberately set them to passive last turn so they'd get shields back. Ampere and Wombat have been in the same fleet the whole time and are identical in design, one has regenerated shields, the other hasn't.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish

#9 Post by Dilvish »

Hmm, ok, I'll try setting up a test game where I can replicate and test this out.