Zero production issue

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

ghealy
Space Kraken

Zero production issue

#1 Post by ghealy »

Build FreeOrion_2016-01-05.bb0103d_Test_Win32_Setup
Windows 10

Just started a game. Home world plus one colony founded from colony ship. No specials shown on either planet. Home world has population of 20 But production is Zero (Actually show 4.7 due to population plus 11. something due to Cultural Archive building, - 16.something Unknown. New Colony shows production small amount from population and the same value negative due to 'unknown'.

Am curious if this is a bug or intentional.

I had saved the game. But it must have been deleted when I downloaded and installed the latest version.

Any ideas what happened?

TIA

- Gene

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Zero production issue

#2 Post by MatGB »

On turn one, there's a known issue where some of the population based effects display as not applying even though they actually are, hit end turn and it should have processed properly for the next turn. If not, it's a new bug but it doesn't seem to have been affecting others.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I was looking at the turn 1 research and production amounts for starting planets last night actually, but couldn't figure out a combination of meter updating and backpropegating that would make the turn 1 and turn 2 results consistent and equal to the target values.

ghealy
Space Kraken

#4 Post by ghealy »

Wish I had managed to keep that game. FWIW, I was at least 7 turns into the game. The population of the two planets I had colonized were growing. The Production numbers were increasing, but whatever that 'Unknown' was it was fully negating the production numbers.

This was with a build I had been playing with for almost a month. Guess I'll put it down to Harmonic Convergence. :)

I have seen the screwy meter thing when the system shows the number of troops needed to invade a planet in the FreeOrion_2016-01-31.3040556_Test_Win32 build I just downloaded yesterday. Don't usually monitor other values that closely so woudln't have noticed anything with them.

Thanks for the feedback.

- Gene

Cpeosphoros
Space Kraken

#5 Post by Cpeosphoros »

I actually do get a lot of unknown malus, both to production and research meters. As they are usually quite small, I simply ignore them.

I have sometimes seen a newly invaded planet get an unknown malus equal to the meter Target, but as it goes away the next turn, I've simply ignored them too, interpreting it as some kind of artifact of how/when scripts are processed. I don't remember it happening with newly colonized planets, though. Also, it doesn't happen everytime a planet is invaded.

I can't find any save now with that happening, but I will keep an eye out and post here if I ever see it happening again.
Attachments
unknown malus.png
unknown malus.png (53.24 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
All contributions are released under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidelines.