A random crash ... ?

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

DarthNihilus
Space Krill

A random crash ... ?

#1 Post by DarthNihilus »

0.4.5 official build

So, I'm usually playing with George race, 500 systems, normal natives/monsters/specials/planets and 0 AI's. Everything is ok.
Now I started with 600 sys, maxed natives/monsters/specials/planets and 4 AI's. The game crashed after some 130+ turn.
Thankfully there are autosaves, but what happened - has happened, just wanted to tell you.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: A random crash ... ?

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If you get such a crash, please immediately locate and save all the log files and attach them to a post about it. Additional details are also essential to be able to do anything, like what actions you were taking in the UI that immediately preceded the crash.

DarthNihilus
Space Krill

#3 Post by DarthNihilus »

I pressed the Turn button. Then the mouse became the system "wait" type (the cirle (Win 7))/ And the crash window appeared in the background. I'll try to search the log file later.
---
there are 4 log files but seems like they're the AI's logs (?)

SpaceGameFan
Krill Swarm

#4 Post by SpaceGameFan »

There isnt a freeorion.log? If there isnt try crashing the game in the same conditions again and it should appear