Pedia Stuff

Here, various developers can tell you all about what they're up to, so you can yell at them for being idiots. "... and there was a great rejoicing."
wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Pedia Stuff

#1 Post by wobbly »

What to do with PEDIA_PC_FUEL on laenfa and Sly?
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 08-47-31 Pull requests · freeorion freeorion.png
Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 08-47-31 Pull requests · freeorion freeorion.png (326.97 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

stpa
Space Kraken

Re: Pedia Stuff

#2 Post by stpa »

i only added the tag to laenfa to be consistent with preexisting same tag on sly, probably noticed it when moving the laenfa phototrophic effects to the general population macros .. turns out to be a mistake and the possible solution path was layed out in the previous voice meeting, where i believe we agreed that geoff wanted to introduce a pedia method to list items by tag in a more generic way than now, an that i revert the artistic description bug, and both the artistic description and the fuel part description could then work properly based on filtering tags. which does not clear up the question, why sly were fuel parts in the first place. but i suppose it makes some sense since they refuel on gas giants.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Pedia Stuff

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

If i remember right, the idea was that the Sly should show up in pedia where fuel stuff is discussed.
(or that there is a link from Sly to fuel stuff, or both).

If it does not work, fix it or throw it away.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!