FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4561
Location: Sol III
Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Bunch of minor patches. order matters.

1 fix small typos in en and de (remove links to unexisting keys)
2 reformat files with scripts (make it looks more like english, remove obsolete keys)
3 small fix for fr file
Have these patches been committed?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:55 pm 
Offline
AI Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Posts: 447
Vezzra wrote:
Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Bunch of minor patches. order matters.

1 fix small typos in en and de (remove links to unexisting keys)
2 reformat files with scripts (make it looks more like english, remove obsolete keys)
3 small fix for fr file
Have these patches been committed?


upd.
Will split patches in different way.
Patch with misk fixes fixes.patch. prewiev: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/6/files

Patch with cleanup russian translation. I remove some untranslated entries (all that same as in en and some others.).

Patch with adding exact names of robo hulls to Robotic shield description.


Attachments:
RoboShieldPatch.patch [1.79 KiB]
Downloaded 33 times
ru_cleanup.patch [188.93 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times
fixes.patch [3.58 KiB]
Downloaded 35 times

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4561
Location: Sol III
I tried to apply these patches in this order:

  • fixes.patch
  • ru_cleanup.patch
  • RoboShieldPatch.patch

That didn't work. ru_cleanup.patch does not apply cleanly, lots of rejected chunks. The other two apply fine. Do I need to apply them in a different order?

Sidenote: fixes.patch and RoboShieldPatch.patch had "FreeOrion" at the start of the path of the patched files. Try to avoid that, makes applying your patches easier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 pm 
Offline
AI Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Posts: 447
Vezzra wrote:

That didn't work. ru_cleanup.patch does not apply cleanly, lots of rejected chunks. The other two apply fine. Do I need to apply them in a different order?
Sidenote: fixes.patch and RoboShieldPatch.patch had "FreeOrion" at the start of the path of the patched files. Try to avoid that, makes applying your patches easier.


I am on vacation for two weeks, will check it on return. Just forget about ru patch.

Sorry for missed FreeOrion, I remove its manually.

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:39 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4561
Location: Sol III
Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Just forget about ru patch.
So, can I apply the other two without the ru patch?
Quote:
Sorry for missed FreeOrion, I remove its manually.
I've already done that for these patches, so no need to repost them, just keep it in mind for future patches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:22 pm 
Offline
AI Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Posts: 447
Vezzra wrote:
Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Just forget about ru patch.
So, can I apply the other two without the ru patch?
Quote:
Sorry for missed FreeOrion, I remove its manually.
I've already done that for these patches, so no need to repost them, just keep it in mind for future patches.


Yes. You can commit them.

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4561
Location: Sol III
Cjkjvfnby wrote:
Yes. You can commit them.
Done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:09 am 
The patch below add “Death Spores only work against Organic species” to the Death Spores Description of the stringtables en.txt


Attachments:
Death_spores.patch [440 Bytes]
Downloaded 38 times
Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 am 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4561
Location: Sol III
Committed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:05 am 
Just to go on about Sit Rep, I propose the following wording:

SITREP_OWN_SHIP_DESTROYED_AT_SYSTEM
At %system%: an %empire% ship of class % shipdesign % was destroyed.
SITREP_SHIP_DESTROYED_AT_SYSTEM
At %system%: an %empire% ship of class % shipdesign % was destroyed.
SITREP_UNOWNED_SHIP_DESTROYED_AT_SYSTEM
At %system%: a ship of class %shipdesign% was destroyed.
SITREP_SHIP_DAMAGED_AT_SYSTEM
At %system%: '%ship%', a ship from %empire% was damaged.
SITREP_UNOWNED_SHIP_DAMAGED_AT_SYSTEM
At %system%: a ship of class %shipdesign% was damaged.

This patch belongs to en.txt (r7820).


Attachments:
en_sitrep.patch [1.29 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times
Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:38 am 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4646
shivu wrote:
Just to go on about Sit Rep, I propose the following wording:
In the FR thread I mentioned some considerations I thought were significant for these sitreps, and made a particular proposal for the destroyed ship sitreps. You had replied
shivu wrote:
Short, good, but only for English.
Now you're making some very contrary proposals-- what's your reasoning?

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:47 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
Now you're making some very contrary proposals-- what's your reasoning?

I have interpreted the posting of MatGB as a invitation to participle to a discussion and make proposals. Perhaps I was wrong and it was only a “Declaration of Intent”. In this case, it’s only a misunderstanding and I will retire my Proposal.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:11 pm 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4646
shivu wrote:
Dilvish wrote:
Now you're making some very contrary proposals-- what's your reasoning?

I have interpreted the posting of MatGB as a invitation to participle to a discussion and make proposals. Perhaps I was wrong and it was only a “Declaration of Intent”. In this case, it’s only a misunderstanding and I will retire my Proposal.
You are certainly welcome to participate in the discussion and to make proposals; if you look again I think you'll see that my statement was asking you to participate more fully by explaining your proposal...

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:27 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
my statement was asking you to participate more fully by explaining your proposal...

Ok, I will do two things.
1) Explain my proposal
2) Make an equivalent patch in German and in French
This will take a bit time, pls get patience.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: English stringtable
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:56 pm 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4646
shivu wrote:
Ok, I will do two things.
1) Explain my proposal
2) Make an equivalent patch in German and in French
To clarify myself a little-- I think I already understand enough of your reasoning about why an equivalent proposal would be good for French and German. I have no objection to that (I have given an opinion about what pieces of information are most important, for any language, but my knowledge of French and German is far too scant to voice an opinion about what the best phrasing in those languages would be). Unless Ouaz or Vezzra want to discuss those proposals more, you might not need to take the time to write out an explanation of them. I was just not understanding what the reasons would be for this proposed change to the English stringtable.

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group