FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hungarian Translation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:19 pm 
Space Krill

I've been playing with FreeOrion since version 0.4.4 whatever build was it don't know it has been interesting to coordinate star-fleets and defeating alien monsters and AI enemy.

I've been looking around the website and I would like to begin translation. I've already downloaded the stringtable, but the only thing that how can I put it on your wiki, cause I can't seem to find the create account. I've registered at MediaWiki, but that didn't solve the case. How can I post the translation to the wiki's when I'm done with certain amounts of strings?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:36 pm 
Creative Contributor

Don't post it to the wiki, upload it as an attachment here or (preferably) create a GitHub account and put in a pull request with your work.

The translated stringtable needs to be just up to date translated work, and not contain any English entries as anything not found defaults to the en.txt version which is subject to change.

Both Ouaz and Cjcj... have worked on some sort of automation process but I'm not sure how that works, I know that Ouaz keeps the French translation up-to-the-minute rather effectively.

(if you've found instructions somewhere saying to upload to the Wiki they're out of date, point me at them and I'll change them)

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm 
Dyson Forest

Hi, manage the Hungarian translation will not be too difficult... as you have to start it from scratch! :D

So, you can download the very latest en.txt on GitHub (https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... les/en.txt) and good luck. :p

I've written a post about how I keep the french translation synced with the latest english stringtables:

viewtopic.php?p=77199#p77199

It can seem a little bit tedious at first, but it's easy and quick once you're used to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:16 pm 
Release Manager, Design

@andrewthehammer87: Another thing if you want to contribute: We need a license statement from you, that you release your contributions under the licenses used by the FreeOrion project. Prefereably add a respective line to your sig (see the sigs of Mat and Ouaz as examples). You can find the licenses we use here. For translation work that would be the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.

We're also going to add you to the credits once contributions by you get accepted. You'll be added under your forum nick (andrewthehammer87), unless you want us to use a different one. You can also provide a real name that will be used for the credits file, if you want that.