Accretion disk cutting off supply line?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mem359
Dyson Forest

Accretion disk cutting off supply line?

#1 Post by mem359 »

I wanted to check if the "accretion disk" modifier is behaving as intended.
There might be a bug, or maybe the Pedia entry has me confused.
It sounds like any colonies inside a system with an accretion disk will have their supply lines reduced by 1, but it shouldn't affect anything outside the system (??).

Take a look at the attached image.
The "Nekkar alpha" system has the accretion disk, but no colonies.
The "Trophy gamma" has a colony with a supply range of 2, but it's line is cut off at Nekkar alpha.
(There is another colony off the top of the image, and it's supply range should stop at Nekkar alpha.)

If I put war ships in the Nekkar alpha system, the supply line is continuous through the system.
As soon as I move them out, the supply line is broken again.
(There are no "hidden" monsters in the system that would interrupt the supply line.)
Attachments
accretion_disk.jpg
accretion_disk.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 504 times

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Accretion disk cutting off supply line?

#2 Post by The Silent One »

I could be mistaken, but could it be that your and the enemies supply cancel each other out? From the circles I take you're playing with Geoff's new supply propegation.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

The Silent One wrote:I could be mistaken, but could it be that your and the enemies supply cancel each other out?
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happens here.

mem359
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by mem359 »

The Silent One wrote:I could be mistaken, but could it be that your and the enemies supply cancel each other out? From the circles I take you're playing with Geoff's new supply propegation.
I am using the most recently released test build, and was not aware of the anti-supply modification.
Thanks for the info.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Put a warship into Trophy, that should sort things through.

You may have found a weirdness with the disk, but I suspect the more prosaic competing supply issue is the problem, that's what the graphics indicate (new system, not written up fully yet because, well, new)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.