Issues

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
ghealy
Space Kraken

Issues

#1 Post by ghealy »

Running version:FreeOrion_2016-03-29.fb14c08_Test_Win32 downloaded yesterday. OS is Win10 64bit

Could have sworn I posted this earlier but don't see it so here it is (again?)

Can not save a game. The Save Game opens and supplies a suggestion file name. But when you click on OK it does nothing, I can delete a previous game, but not save the current game.

The Auto save works okay (Have it set to save after each turn) so i was able to open my game saved from the previous night and complete it.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Issues

#2 Post by MatGB »

Not just me then, OK, something's up.

I am able to save over an existing file, fortunately I had a "turn 1 test" save in the folder so I didn't need to faff about, others might need to move an autosave or manually create a savegame as a workaround.

Anyone got a clue?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#3 Post by dbenage-cx »

Caught it earlier but things kept distracting me https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/579 ....oh...shiny!

Edit: as a note, I believe saving to an existing file still worked ok. So until someone is able to review and it is deemed an acceptable fix, you can try that.
Any content posted should be considered licensed GNU GPL 2.0 and/or CC-BY-SA 3.0 as appropriate.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#4 Post by AndrewW »

Same here with: [build 2016-03-30.a190c02]

Piwoslaw
Space Floater

#5 Post by Piwoslaw »

I also cannot save games with build 2016-03-29.fb14c08 for Windows.

I've also had this problem once maybe twice at random times many months ago.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

A fix is in that seems to have solved the problem for me, so it'll be in the next Test (or you can recompile if you do that yourself), until then saving over existing files works, simply creating a textfile with a .sav suffix in a text editor is doable if you don't like deleting old games, etc.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.