Asteroid Hulls

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Asteroid Hulls

#1 Post by EricF »

Why would I be able to build ships with Asteroid Hulls for several turns then suddenly not be able to build them at all for a couple turns then regain the ability to build them again? I have more than one Asteroid Processor and there are no Monsters or enemy activity (that I'm aware of). I could still build other ships including Robotic Hull ships.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Asteroid Hulls

#2 Post by MatGB »

The only thing I can think of, and I don't think it should apply, is if you lost supply within that system, but not sure.

Need a screenshot and possibly a savegame, including autosaves before/during the event.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

EricF
Space Dragon

#3 Post by EricF »

Now you see it
Turn147.JPG
Turn147.JPG (167.32 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Now you don't
Turn148.JPG
Turn148.JPG (158.11 KiB) Viewed 930 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Enable "Unavailable" in the producible items list, then mouse over the item you're unable to build, and read the tooltip.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

What Geoff said.

But yeah, the asteroids already queued are clearly being worked on and completed, there's no change of circumstance, unless there's something very weird I've missed (or you've accidentally deleted it from your designs? I've done that more than once) it should be buildable.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

EricF
Space Dragon

#6 Post by EricF »

Never mind. You are probably right. I might have obsoleted that design, but I can't really remember for sure and I have played too many turns since then to get that save game back to make sure.
Sorry for the noise.

CaptainTofu2
Space Krill

#7 Post by CaptainTofu2 »

Or alternatively you updated your ship design with components, that need an advanced asteroid processor. Happened to me.
(Same person as "CaptainTofu". HDD crash and loss of all passwords...)

EricF
Space Dragon

#8 Post by EricF »

CaptainTofu2 wrote:Or alternatively you updated your ship design with components, that need an advanced asteroid processor. Happened to me.
I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head Captain. :D

This happened right after I got new Asteroid Hull tech and you can clearly see me building the advanced asteroid processor at the asteroids in the screenshot I submitted.
I must have deleted the old design, created a new design that needs the new processor and can't build it yet.
DUH. :oops:

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#9 Post by MatGB »

This is why I always change the name of a design :-)
Mat Bowles