One planet will not produce

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Onesimus
Krill Swarm

One planet will not produce

#1 Post by Onesimus »

Running FreeOrion_v0.4.5_2015-09-01.f203162 on W10.

I have one planet that has a ship yard, a dry dock, and has built ships in the recent past. It is not being bombarded.

Suddenly, everything I add to the production queue says 'Never' in the bottom right of the tile, whether the tile is in the top of the queue or not. Buildings or ships, all 'Never'.

O

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: One planet will not produce

#2 Post by Vezzra »

That sounds like resource supply connection has been broken. Are there any enemy armed forces blocking the starlanes leading from that system to the rest of your empire?

Onesimus
Krill Swarm

#3 Post by Onesimus »

I guess this is tangential to my other post about production queue scheduling. Since production is a civilization-wide effort, being cut off from all the other planets would explain it.

Thanks!

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

To clarify, you can have subsets of your empire that are interconnected and share production, even if they are separated from other subsets that do so independently.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

Based on this and the other message you had, I think you haven't grasped the shared supply concept. There should be heavy colored lines radiating from the home world (and possibly others). Worlds that are connected by these supply lines share Production Points, boosts from Industrial Center and Solar/Black Hole generators.

When the supply lines become disconnected, some worlds will be off the main lines and will only be able to use their own production capacity. Sounds like that is 0 in your case, assuming that indeed you have a disconnect.

Evildweeb
Space Krill

#6 Post by Evildweeb »

New user (to FO) here.

I had a similar issue with a successful colony. What I noticed was indeed the thick supply lane was absent to the homeworld, though I have no idea why.

In startup it would not build ComSat, Shipyard or Drydock - all said Never. The Homeworld was built up to the Scanning building thingy (lol can't remember the name).

Am I to assume there is a distance restriction to homeworld causing the "no-supply-line" thing?

I am still not sure what caused this - but after about 25-40 turns, suddenly they could build everything on the list.

Also as an aside - by the time I worked out other research headaches, it was too late as the AI swooped in with like 20 ships and 500+ firepower and, well, here I am. :)

I have a few other questions but will hunt down the proper thread(s).

Cheers & thanks for all the work, guys and gals - Like the game loads. :D