Building ship that requies Asteroid Reformation Processor

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Building ship that requies Asteroid Reformation Processor

#1 Post by EricF »

The ship Robocruiser Mk3 uses Rock Armor Plating which requires an Asteroid Reformation Processor.
I have one, but as you can see, this system is not in supply.
Shouldn't a planet have to be connected to supply where the ARP is in order to build a ship that needs it?

Ship.JPG
Ship.JPG (149.02 KiB) Viewed 538 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Building ship that requies Asteroid Reformation Processo

#2 Post by MatGB »

Yes, and the system should need to have an asteroid belt with at least a processor in, that's weird on two parts, you shouldn't be able to build asteroid ships in that system at all. (edit: gah, it's a robocruiser, I am teh doofus)

Have you done anything in the scripts to change conditions?

Also, if you hit end turn does work actually get done?

Edit2: Actually, description and scripts are both clear, you or an ally need to own a reformation processor, it doesn't need to be in supply.

So, working as intended, whether that intent is good or not is a different question.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:Edit2: Actually, description and scripts are both clear, you or an ally need to own a reformation processor, it doesn't need to be in supply.

So, working as intended, whether that intent is good or not is a different question.
Yep, I think that should be changed. The asteroids are a strategic resource here, and should require supply connection.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

Agreed

I think we already agreed that re neutronium stuff but never implemented it so I put that in as well.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.