Disappearing fleet

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Disappearing fleet

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Kind of an oddball event, unfortunately I can only provide a minimal amount of information. I'm playing the 0.4.6 stable release.

I wanted to conquer an AI system. There were two planets, shields over 300, defenses 45. There was a small enemy fleet, about 100 attack power. I moved in a fleet of over 700 attack, 1.5k structure. When I started going through the map after the turn, at that system the AI fleet was there and mine wasn't. The planetary shields were full up.

I first checked to see if I had made a move error, like moving a single ship instead of that fleet, but it wasn't at the originating system either.

The sit rep showed combat at the system. That showed my fleet taking a bit of damage, but only losing a few small ships. The AI fleet was shown as destroyed.

However, the line-by-line sit rep showed only some of the AI ships destroyed and some damaged. My ships didn't show as destroyed in any massive way or any other messages about the fleet. It was as if it had been deleted.

Unfortunately I did not take screenshots of the sit rep, so this is by memory because:

I loaded the previous turn from the autosave and ran it again so I could watch it more closely. This time things went as expected. My fleet took a bit of damage, the AI fleet was destroyed, and the shields on the planets were knocked down and ready for invasion.

A save file isn't likely to provide much information, as it wasn't repeatable. I only tried once though and moved on. Anyone heard of similar occurrences?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Disappearing fleet

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Did you try loading the save from the turn when the issue first appeared (not the turn before)?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: Disappearing fleet

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Well crap. I was able to load it and reread the sit rep. I did move a different fleet than I thought.

Never mind.