Some impressions from a first time player

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Re: Some impressions from a first time player

#16 Post by EricF »

Ah yes, it does work. I was just using the scroll wheel. That doesn't work. You have to click on it to open the drop down menu and then select the value. That works.
Am I missing something? Is there a manual or something I should read which documents things like this?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#17 Post by defaultuser »

Right, and that's what I meant. 99 is the largest build order you can put in from the drop-down.

I wouldn't mind having a way to put in precisely the number you want.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#18 Post by MatGB »

EricF wrote:Ah yes, it does work. I was just using the scroll wheel. That doesn't work. You have to click on it to open the drop down menu and then select the value. That works.
The scrollwheel not working with it is a known issue, it did sort of work for a bit but it didn't store the results properly, you had to manually select it afterwards so it got changed.
Am I missing something? Is there a manual or something I should read which documents things like this?
Not really, we update the Wiki and the Pedia when things are finalised but works in progress and unfinished features tend to not get written up until they're working properly—large numbers of open source projects have a documentation problem while they're in the "being made" stages.

In some cases, the UI should be clear enough that you don't need an explanation, it's not there yet but could/should be at some point.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.