Wrong Pedia entry

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

Wrong Pedia entry

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Playing 0.4.6 stable.

This used to happen occasionally with the older versions. I try to check the planet suitability, and get a totally irrelevant Pedia entry. In the case shown in the caps below, it's for outpost ships. I had not checked that ship all game. It will keep showing that until I look at another ship entry (probably other Pedia entries as well) after which it seems to be "cleared".
p1.png
p1.png (274.88 KiB) Viewed 680 times
p2.png
p2.png (241.62 KiB) Viewed 680 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Wrong Pedia entry

#2 Post by MatGB »

That's weird, it's possibly linked to the production and main pedia page are now linked properly, but beyond that no clue. Anyone?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Agree, that' really weird, because I never encountered this, and it doesn't sound like something that would be platform dependent.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

After I "cleared" it, I realized that I should have made a save file before trying anything. Then I could have seen if it was persistent from save. Too late now, and I can't reproduce it.

UrshMost
Space Kraken

#5 Post by UrshMost »

Occasionally I see a situation where the Pedia gets 'stuck' on an entry and won't display other topics (it's possible this only ever occurs when I try to check planet suitability, I will pay more attention).

If I click the 'up' button at the bottom of the Pedia to reset it back to the top Pedia menu it works again. I'm guessing that's whats happened here.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#6 Post by defaultuser »

If I see it again, I will try to make a save and then what you suggest.