FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:02 pm 
Vacuum Dragon

Playing 0.4.6 stable.

I had noticed on the old version that if you have damaged ships at a system the turn that a drydock completes build, it will repair the ships but the activity doesn't show in the sit rep. You only see the note about the drydock completion.

First screenshot shows the damaged ships, second the fully repaired fleet and the sit rep.

Attachment:
t123.png
t123.png [ 268.62 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

Attachment:
t124.png
t124.png [ 274.07 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:47 pm 
Creative Contributor

Hmm, I had meant to have them not work on the turn they complete for this very reason, but appears I forgot to put it into the spec for when we redid it.

Sitreps sometimes don't trigger for stuff that's just completed and I never understood why: this probably needs to be an Issue but someone might know what's going on.

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:34 am 
Krill Swarm

I know this is post is a bit old, but it looks like your fleet just arrived in the system. I believe drydocks were changed to require you to stay there for a full turn before any repairs take place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:13 am 
Vacuum Dragon

zarquan wrote:
I know this is post is a bit old, but it looks like your fleet just arrived in the system. I believe drydocks were changed to require you to stay there for a full turn before any repairs take place.

That's incorrect, the fleet had been sitting there waiting for a few turns. In fact, the ships were repaired, there just wasn't a sit rep report showing that fact.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:43 am 
Creative Contributor

Yeah, Battle Fleet arrived that turn, the other numbered fleet didn't. It is an existing problem, not sure I know how to look into it further to 'solve', there is an issue overall with Sitrep timings with respect to a bunch of things, they're generated (or not) too early in the process and sometimes give wrong results on edge case stuff.

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:20 am 
Programmer

Probably not the most ideal solution is to prevent repairs from new drydocks (unless/until the issue with sitreps can be resolved).