"Error processing message from server", turn never finishes

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

"Error processing message from server", turn never finishes

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Build 2016-10-12 win32

A few times now I have run into a situation in the late game where I end a turn and the game never finishes processing. When I check the message window I find the following:

Executing Orders
Colonization, Invasion, and Scrapping
Fleet Movement
Downloading and Unpacking New Game-state
Resolving Combat
Production and Growth
Downloading and Unpacking New Game-state
Error processing message from server

The game is not frozen, just the turn never ends. If I reload the previous save it will work without any problems. This seems to have started in the last build or two. Might any of the log files shed more light on this?
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: "Error processing message from server", turn never finis

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

UrshMost wrote:The game is not frozen, just the turn never ends. If I reload the previous save it will work without any problems. This seems to have started in the last build or two. Might any of the log files shed more light on this?
Possibly. Do I understand correctly that it's not at all reproducible, and loading the same save sometimes does or doesn't produce the problem?

UrshMost
Space Kraken

Re: "Error processing message from server", turn never finis

#3 Post by UrshMost »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
UrshMost wrote:The game is not frozen, just the turn never ends. If I reload the previous save it will work without any problems. This seems to have started in the last build or two. Might any of the log files shed more light on this?
Possibly. Do I understand correctly that it's not at all reproducible, and loading the same save sometimes does or doesn't produce the problem?
Loading the previous turn's autosave has always worked the few times that I've experienced this issue. It has not been at all reproducible, but I'm not sure either if I exactly reproduce all of the same things that I did before either. i.e., maybe I moved a different set of ships between systems or put a different selection of items into the build queue, etc.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build