What gets into the AIs?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

What gets into the AIs?

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Another round of, "I can't figure out why they do what they do." Here I have come to visit my Human neighbors, after they sent some warships a long distance into my area where they met with some unfortunate accidents. I find that this AI has placed outposts at toxic and radiated worlds, and parked the colony ship and some other stuff at the latter. In meantime, at Burbridge a Terran world with a growth special sits there unclaimed. What?
witat.png
witat.png (566.96 KiB) Viewed 766 times

Morlic
AI Contributor

Re: What gets into the AIs?

#2 Post by Morlic »

Interesting. Do you have a savegame or logs? That would help me figuring out what is going on.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Yes, I can do that. I am a few turns farther along than when I posted last night. I have copied all the logs that seem to be updating to a separate folder, along with the existing autosave files. Looks like this is AI 4. Let me know what you need.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Hm, Burbidge is outside the pink AIs supply range, and very exposed to the green players forces. I guess the threat level of that system might be too high for the AIs liking?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

Vezzra wrote:Hm, Burbidge is outside the pink AIs supply range, and very exposed to the green players forces. I guess the threat level of that system might be too high for the AIs liking?
Yes, but green is me, and I arrived relatively recently. Algeiba was the homeworld of that AI. So Burbidge was just a couple of jumps from its starting location.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

Actually, I've just found a VERY similar example from very early.

It's turn 53, the Chato AI has just grabbed a Silexian world I had troops on the way to that's closer to me than it, but it's just sent an outposter down to a Good Large world it's had scouted for ages and is in supply, but hasn't used it's initial colony ship yet. It could, and almost certainly should, have sent that ship down to that planet immediately it was found.

(NB: I'm playing on a compiled-this-evening version with a rebased Fighters branch so loading the savegame might be an issue for some)
Attachments
Screenshot_20161120_214330.png
Screenshot_20161120_214330.png (146.72 KiB) Viewed 716 times
ai-8-col-planning.zip
(744.23 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
AI_8.log.zip
(728.43 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.