No repair sit rep with new drydock

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
defaultuser
Juggernaut

No repair sit rep with new drydock

#1 Post by defaultuser »

Playing 0.4.6 stable.

I had noticed on the old version that if you have damaged ships at a system the turn that a drydock completes build, it will repair the ships but the activity doesn't show in the sit rep. You only see the note about the drydock completion.

First screenshot shows the damaged ships, second the fully repaired fleet and the sit rep.
t123.png
t123.png (268.62 KiB) Viewed 780 times
t124.png
t124.png (274.07 KiB) Viewed 780 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: No repair sit rep with new drydock

#2 Post by MatGB »

Hmm, I had meant to have them not work on the turn they complete for this very reason, but appears I forgot to put it into the spec for when we redid it.

Sitreps sometimes don't trigger for stuff that's just completed and I never understood why: this probably needs to be an Issue but someone might know what's going on.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

zarquan
Space Floater

#3 Post by zarquan »

I know this is post is a bit old, but it looks like your fleet just arrived in the system. I believe drydocks were changed to require you to stay there for a full turn before any repairs take place.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

zarquan wrote:I know this is post is a bit old, but it looks like your fleet just arrived in the system. I believe drydocks were changed to require you to stay there for a full turn before any repairs take place.
That's incorrect, the fleet had been sitting there waiting for a few turns. In fact, the ships were repaired, there just wasn't a sit rep report showing that fact.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Yeah, Battle Fleet arrived that turn, the other numbered fleet didn't. It is an existing problem, not sure I know how to look into it further to 'solve', there is an issue overall with Sitrep timings with respect to a bunch of things, they're generated (or not) too early in the process and sometimes give wrong results on edge case stuff.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

dbenage-cx
Programmer

#6 Post by dbenage-cx »

Probably not the most ideal solution is to prevent repairs from new drydocks (unless/until the issue with sitreps can be resolved).