FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
Dyson Forest
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm
Posts: 213
Location: France
Build 2017-02-08.310d57b
OS: Windows 7

- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only (Meld can't open the file, saying there's encoding errors):

Attachment:
config_color_values_encodin.png
config_color_values_encodin.png [ 20.73 KiB | Viewed 358 times ]


I didn't have installed new build since 2016-12-13.eaf735e20, so I don't know when the problem appeared.

Note: installing the new build also updates MSVC 2015 to 14.0.24215 (x86), which causes a Windows update (KB2999226 - c runtime stuff).

EDIT:

Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.


- At launch of a new game, AI greetings messages are not displayed in the chat window:

Attachment:
ai_messages.png
ai_messages.png [ 9.38 KiB | Viewed 358 times ]

_________________
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline
Programming, Design, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:33 am
Posts: 12040
Location: Munich
Ouaz wrote:
- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only
Should alreday be fixed in master.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 9b2822be75


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4285
Location: Sol III
Ouaz wrote:
Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.
As I can't recall having seen a bug report about this one (but please double check, my brain is still a bit impaired by my recent illness), please open an issue on github about this.
Quote:
At launch of a new game, AI greetings messages are not displayed in the chat window
IIRC there is already an issue about the AI greetings being corrupted, please look it up and leave a comment there about your observation (your screenshot looks different from the ones posted with that issue, so most likely related, but still not exactly the same, so having your screenshot and comment there would be good).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
Dyson Forest
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm
Posts: 213
Location: France
Geoff the Medio wrote:
Ouaz wrote:
- When the config.xml file is created during the first launch, it seems there's an encoding error for color values only
Should alreday be fixed in master.

https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 9b2822be75


Great. I'll wait the next weekly build then (yeah, I don't know build FO myself... :oops: )

Vezzra wrote:
Quote:
Actually, config.xml file is not saved between game sessions. It goes back to default values each time the game is restarted.
As I can't recall having seen a bug report about this one (but please double check, my brain is still a bit impaired by my recent illness), please open an issue on github about this.


Maybe the file is not saved because of the encoding error. I will wait the next build before opening an issue, because I think the two issues are related.

Vezzra wrote:
IIRC there is already an issue about the AI greetings being corrupted, please look it up and leave a comment there about your observation (your screenshot looks different from the ones posted with that issue, so most likely related, but still not exactly the same, so having your screenshot and comment there would be good).


It seems Dilvish has already comitted a fix: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 5dce1ab400

The GH issue #1264 has been closed.

Wow, that's what I call reactivity. ^^

_________________
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.


Last edited by Ouaz on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
Release Manager, Design
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 4285
Location: Sol III
Ouaz wrote:
It seems Dilvish has already comitted a fix: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 5dce1ab400

The GH issue #1264 has been closed.
Yeah, well, by Dilvish' fix of course... ;)

Please check if all the issues you listed here are gone in the next test build, and open issues for all that are still there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group