nevermind

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

nevermind

#1 Post by UrshMost »

nevermind - i found there was a ancient ruins Neutronium synthesizer that i wasn't aware of. Sorry, back to your normally scheduled fleet building.

**After I researched neutronium I found that my George planets could build Neutronium Forges, even though I did not yet have a source. None of my other species can, which leads me to believe that its the **George's communal vision thats allowing this.
**I don't know if this was intended or not? Either way, it gives an interesting little tweak to their species.
**Build 2017-05-09
Last edited by UrshMost on Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Neutronium from George Ability

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Do you have a save file?

UrshMost
Space Kraken

Re: nevermind

#3 Post by UrshMost »

nevermind - i found there was a ancient ruins Neutronium synthesizer that i wasn't aware of. Sorry, back to your normally scheduled fleet building.

The george only part was just a coincidence where they had shipyards and could build the forge and the other systems that i checked just happened to not have shipyards. grrr.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

So my tweak to only allow the forge to be built when you've got a neutronium source works as intended then? Good good ;-)

(I was seriously considering a Neutronium Statue for that purpose until I came up with the more obvious solution)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:So my tweak to only allow the forge to be built when you've got a neutronium source works as intended then? Good good ;-)
What would you think about a further tweak to that Forge location requirement--- that it allow you to start building Neutronium Forges once you either (i) own a Neutronium Synthesizer, or (ii) have queued (but not necessarily finished building) up a Neutronium Extractor someplace (which inherently must have a neutron star)?

I wouldn't say there is anything inherently unreasonable about (assuming you have no Synthesizer) having to finish the Extractor before you could build Forges, but argh, I find it aggravating :lol:
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

I would have zero problems with that (but change the extractor buildtime back to 8 possibly, actually probably not needed). I suspect I did it this way because it was easier to script :roll: :oops:

Either works fine for me, I like the current way as I get a 'building complete' sitrep which reminds me now, sometimes I'm short of PP at tech completion and dislike jugglign the queue to get the two different things done at the same time.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.