Techs with 1 turn of progress already done when first added

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Techs with 1 turn of progress already done when first added

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing version 2017-06-06.4833950_Test_Win32

I'm playing with Chato on an ancient galaxy. It's a relatively big galaxy (400 systems IIRC, 9 AIs, so 40 systems per player) since I'm trying to replicate the AIs stopping colonisation in late game.
On turn 50 I'm seven turns away from completing Quantum Networking. My scouts are beginning to see the borders of some enemy empires, but no direct contact so far. I'm pretty much sure I have not queued Planetary Bunker Complex (since there are no nearby threats) nor The Physical Brain (because I'm Chato, I only get it early when playing a bad research species) in the previous turns, and even more sure that I have not removed them from the research queue (why to do that? moving to the bottom would be enough if changed my mind at some point). However, on turn 57 (QN almost done) I'll be queueing those techs and both have already the first turn finished. So I'm "wtf?"

I have saved the logs and game from turn 1 to 50.
In which log file should I look and for what string if I want to find out if I really queued and removed those techs in my previous game sesion? I was insomniac yet tired, so I don't discard having done it and then forgot about it.

Anyway, I attach the saved files.
Attachments

[The extension sav has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

chato_1-50_logs.zip.002.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
chato_1-50_logs.zip.001.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 51 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Techs with 1 turn of progress already done when first ad

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Playing 2017-06-13.a74075f_Test_Win32

I've seen it again. May it be that excess RPs (not spent on any tech) are automatically assigned to unqueued techs?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Yes, recent change I've not tested at all, not sure how it works or how it assigns spare RPs, I never hit end turn unless everything's being spent.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:...how it assigns spare RPs
In order of cheapest to complete.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

Geoff the Medio wrote:In order of cheapest to complete.
Good.
MatGB wrote:I never hit end turn unless everything's being spent.
When playing late at night I sometimes start nodding and autopilot engages until I realise it's time to hit the bed.