Logistics Facilitator not working?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Logistics Facilitator not working?

#1 Post by Scara »

Hello!

I just tried to make use of a logistics facilitator and it won't repair in version 2017-07-03.a5f0edc.
The LF was itself involved in the battle turn212. After the battle the scattered asteriod was heavy damaged and I retreated it to the next planet with orbital drydock, together with the LF.
The drydock wasn't ready until turn215 and it said it did partial repairs but the ship still was damaged.
LogFac.jpg
LogFac.jpg (127.71 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Logistics Facilitator not working?

#2 Post by Dilvish »

It doesn't seem to me like you've given us enough information to really assess anything about what's happened here. What is the max structure of these two ships, and what was their structure immediately at the end of the battle? On what turn did the scattered asteroid ship and the LF arrive in Brog alpha?

keep in mind that the LF does not repair ships while travelling starlanes, and that (outside of battle) the amount it repairs is capped at the greater of 50 or current structure prior to repair (so if a ship has over 100 structure and gets damaged below 50%, it will not get repaired back up to 100% in a single turn.

Drydock repairs also depend on the planet happiness, and won't necessarily fully repair a ship either.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Scara
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Scara »

Hey,

Turn212 SA(Scattered Asteroid) 7/465 and LF(Logistics Facilitator) 314/355 got damaged at brog delta together with other ships as reported in combat report. After the battle SA was at about only 26/465 if I recall it right. That's where I was sure I got a bug. I retreated LF and SA to Brog alpha in 1turn.
Turn213 both ships arrive, but drydock isn't ready due to unhappines
Turn214 Brog alpha still unhappy
Turn215 Brog alpha happy and OD repairs as shown in sitrep. The SA now has 308/465. (Selfrepair+LF+OD)

With best repair mechanisms researched and an LF on spot it felt too long time to repair.
Sorry I didn't get the repair process in detail.
Greetings

Scara
Space Kraken

#4 Post by Scara »

Hello,
just tried the effect of LF at other location. On the second view, it works alright!
SA got damaged 285/465
- with LF it recovered to 313/465 after the battle and showed +151 recovery rate
- without LF it didn't recover after battle and showed +94 recovery rate
Was somewhat still used to the complete repair times :wink:

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Yeah, we nerfed complete repair during combat for everything, it's now the only thing that does repairs on the turn of a fight and that's limited, it now either doubles current structure or gives a flat +50 boost, whichever is the larger number when not in combat (freeorion/SH_LOGITICS_FACILITATOR.focs.txt at master · freeorion/freeorion).

It definitely works for me, was using them heavily in my game last night and tested current vs end-of-battle in the combat logs.

For what it's worth, the Drydock giving slightly erroneous messages if there's another repair effect as well is a known issue but it's part of a much bigger effects timing problem.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.