bug in new test version (fixed in master)

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

bug in new test version (fixed in master)

#1 Post by Dilvish »

New test build (build 2017-09-12.1999a7a) available for Windows on sourceforge.
Ack! Vezzra, Sorry, I had merged a seemingly-simple PR last night without testing it enough; a few hours ago I just discovered a bug in it (it takes several turns to develop) and pushed a fix to master, but not in time for your build process. The bug will mess with the AI pretty badly and will result in spamming AI error messages to the user. I hate to ask for a rebuild, but if you can find the time, it would be helpful. :oops:
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: bug in new test version (fixed in master)

#2 Post by MatGB »

For what it's worth, while the error message spam was annoying, I'd noticed this and was going to report it and found it fixed, the AIs didn't appear to be behaving uncompetitively even when they were erroring.

For pretty much anyone with the new build, download this Raw copy of the file affected and then copy it into

Code: Select all

default/python/AI/
to replace

Code: Select all

ResourcesAI.py
Not ideal but it works and it's a simple fix.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#3 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:the AIs didn't appear to be behaving uncompetitively even when they were erroring.
I'm pretty sure that it will block the AIs from shifting planets from a non-Industry Focus to an Industry FOcus, so while it might not be very noticeable at first I think it will have a more significant detrimental effect over time.

Thanks much for posting the link for the raw file download, that's a good idea for those folks who don't work with git.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Dilvish wrote:I hate to ask for a rebuild, but if you can find the time, it would be helpful. :oops:
That's ok, things like this happen in software development. ;) I should have time tonight to do another round of test builds, the biggest problem here is me not forgetting about it when I come home today after work... ;)