FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
Space Krill

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 6
This is list for 4.7.1 only:

1. An outpost with abandoned colony already seems to have some infrastructure (shields grow quickly), but none is shown.
2. Newly built ships do not get speed bonuses from Lighthouse or Interstellar Logistics
3. Robotic Shield: When ships enters a system with more ships, only new ships get full bonus in the first turn.
4. Robotic Shield can be built into all hulls, although Pedia says they can only be used in robotic hulls.
5. Pure Energy Metabolism: Pedia says 5 Shields & 5 Defense, actually you get 50/10
6. When starting to terraform, you can add several to the queue at once. The next turn you cannot add more.
7. When looking up a ship in the Pedia, the article shows the racial values of the currently selected planet, not of the ship's own race.
8. Auto-repair should be done before drydock repair. The other way round you sometimes get a message about partial repairs, although the ship ends about fully repaired.
9. Trans Spatial Drive: Pedia does not say it requires advanced engineering bay

Questionable features:
10. Geointegration F. is an upgrade of the drydock, but I can build both at the same time
11. It is really intended that xenophobic harassment even reduces the production from adaptive automation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Creative Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 pm
Posts: 3257
Anvil wrote:
This is list for 4.7.1 only:

1. An outpost with abandoned colony already seems to have some infrastructure (shields grow quickly), but none is shown.

That's weird, will test, thanks
Quote:
2. Newly built ships do not get speed bonuses from Lighthouse or Interstellar Logistics

Known, not currently considered an issue but we're considering adding more effects processing timeslots, currently they can't apply on turn one, I thought that was documented in the relevent descriptions, it ought to be, the annoying client display showing it and an unknown malus is related.
Quote:
3. Robotic Shield: When ships enters a system with more ships, only new ships get full bonus in the first turn.
There have always been some weird timing issues on that one, it's possibly worth another pass by someone to figure out if priority setting can work.
Quote:
4. Robotic Shield can be built into all hulls, although Pedia says they can only be used in robotic hulls.
I believe they can still add to the bonus on other ships if they've got a robotic crew, but it's probably worth removing that
Quote:
5. Pure Energy Metabolism: Pedia says 5 Shields & 5 Defense, actually you get 50/10

I'm going to be changing the numbers on PEM soon anyway as it's stupid good, I'll fix the Pedia entry at the same time, thanks (historically balance passes forget Pedia updates, when I took over the role I complained about my predecessors missing things, now I do it all the time too)
Quote:
6. When starting to terraform, you can add several to the queue at once. The next turn you cannot add more.
It's deliberate you can't add one on the turn it's complete, but you can add them while you've others queued, it's basically unfixable but it doesn't matter as Terraforming is getting redone soon: for what it's worth, until it's done, queue all you want at the same time, it's cheaper currently, known bug.
Quote:
7. When looking up a ship in the Pedia, the article shows the racial values of the currently selected planet, not of the ship's own race.
Sort of deliberate, it should also show for commonly used species underneath, it's hard for the Pedia to know what species you want to know about, so it assumes your currently used ones.
Quote:
8. Auto-repair should be done before drydock repair. The other way round you sometimes get a message about partial repairs, although the ship ends about fully repaired.
Actually, that is the case, it's a known issue with the Sitrep triggering timing (they're generated too early in the Effects processing sequence), and yes, it is very annoying when it happens.
Quote:
9. Trans Spatial Drive: Pedia does not say it requires advanced engineering bay

Oops, entirely my goof I created that part, will fix, thanks.
Quote:
Questionable features:
10. Geointegration F. is an upgrade of the drydock, but I can build both at the same time
Deliberate, all expansion shipyards can be built concurrently with what they expand, it's both to reduce player frustration and to ensure that if one player gets an early advantage others can catch up: very important in PvP multiplayer. If you're building a new colony world you can set it up as you want it to be useful before the game is over this way. It's even more important for the long to build Organic yards.
Quote:
11. It is really intended that xenophobic harassment even reduces the production from adaptive automation?

Currently, yes, there's no distinction made between what the source of a production bonus is, that might change sooner rather than later when I've time to write up what I've got in mind. Xenophobia is currently a bit of a mess anyway and will get redone at some point when someone has time.

_________________
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
Space Krill

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 6
Actually I forgot one:
I can't say I really understand those numbers, but the ones in the last line just look a little too big.


Attachments:
weird_strength.png
weird_strength.png [ 44.05 KiB | Viewed 85 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 am 
Offline
AI Lead, Programmer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 4374
Anvil wrote:
Actually I forgot one:
I can't say I really understand those numbers, but the ones in the last line just look a little too big.
No, there is probably a better argument that it should be higher, not lower. Your design has shields of 18, and as that last line states it is an assessment against enemies presumed to have attack of 16.6-- less than your shield value so they can't hurt you at all. Against such enemies your strength is essentially infinite, but the calculation puts in a cap on the multiplier that is used for the shield-based amplification of the base score for the design.

That is just a projected enemy strength value, to use an actual enemy ship select the ship (first the fleet, then the actual ship) and the algorithm will use those ships stats to calculate against.

_________________
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group