Loading game errors

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
EricF
Space Dragon

Loading game errors

#1 Post by EricF »

I am playing 2017-10-08

I can load games, but when I do I see these errors.

Creating AI Clients
Begin Turn 186
AI_1: AI_Error: AI script error : FreeOrionAI.py:generateOrders():333 - Exception 22323 while trying to issue_fleet_orders_for_fleet_missions
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FreeOrionAI.py", line 330, in generateOrders
action()
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FleetUtilsAI.py", line 535, in issue_fleet_orders_for_fleet_missions
mission.issue_fleet_orders()
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\AIFleetMission.py", line 468, in issue_fleet_orders
allocations=allocations)
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\MilitaryAI.py", line 803, in assign_military_fleets_to_systems
fleet_list=found_fleets)
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FleetUtilsAI.py", line 150, in get_fleets_for_mission
fleet_pool_set.remove(fleet_id)
KeyError: 22323
AI_3: AI_Error: AI script error : FreeOrionAI.py:generateOrders():333 - Exception 22274 while trying to issue_fleet_orders_for_fleet_missions
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FreeOrionAI.py", line 330, in generateOrders
action()
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FleetUtilsAI.py", line 535, in issue_fleet_orders_for_fleet_missions
mission.issue_fleet_orders()
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\AIFleetMission.py", line 468, in issue_fleet_orders
allocations=allocations)
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\MilitaryAI.py", line 803, in assign_military_fleets_to_systems
fleet_list=found_fleets)
File "C:/Program Files (x86)\FreeOrion\default\python\AI\FleetUtilsAI.py", line 150, in get_fleets_for_mission
fleet_pool_set.remove(fleet_id)
KeyError: 22274
AI_1.log
(159.05 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
AI_3.log
(200.2 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Loading game errors

#2 Post by Dilvish »

yes, that's a known nuisance, it should not cause an actual serious problem for the Ai though. I have figured out that it stems from a problem with the AI's fleet splitting algorithm not leaving the expected ship remaining in the original fleet, but I got pulled into other things, and tied up a bit IRL in general, before determining the exact bug and making a fix. I don't recall if we have an issue for it on Github yet, if you can take the time to check and post an issue if there is not yet one, that would be great.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0