Some IS PPs skipping queue priority?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Some IS PPs skipping queue priority?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing compiled from master, pulled this morning, with two uncommited changes (default/python/AI/AIDependencies.py and universe/Planet.cpp to change GG size to 4).
git rev-parse HEAD gives me 7cc13dc8c70b977339be79408ae2435be03dc119

Probably related to last changes from here. Image says most of it. I would expect those 0.01 PPs that the AHA is getting to be invested in the Colonizer, but somehow they are applied to the next queued project. Drawing from IS is enabled in all items. If I disable it for the AHA then they are used in the next colonizer batch. If I disable it for both then they are not applied to anything. I would not notice this in the previous turns because I only had one project queued. After hitting next turn twice (to turn 10) all will be normal again.
Attachments
freeorion_logs.zip
(197.82 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Some_PP_skipping_queue_priority.png
Some_PP_skipping_queue_priority.png (122.81 KiB) Viewed 914 times

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Some IS PPs skipping queue priority?

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote:Playing compiled from master, pulled this morning, with two uncommited changes (default/python/AI/AIDependencies.py and universe/Planet.cpp to change GG size to 4).
git rev-parse HEAD gives me 7cc13dc8c70b977339be79408ae2435be03dc119

Probably related to last changes from here. Image says most of it. I would expect those 0.01 PPs that the AHA is getting to be invested in the Colonizer, but somehow they are applied to the next queued project. Drawing from IS is enabled in all items. If I disable it for the AHA then they are used in the next colonizer batch. If I disable it for both then they are not applied to anything. I would not notice this in the previous turns because I only had one project queued. After hitting next turn twice (to turn 10) all will be normal again.
That really looks off.

If i read that correctly, there is another supply group filling up the IS with 0.31 PP. The current IS of 0.28 should be used, so the IS difference of +0.3 is correct.

The colonizer should get 15.28 PP (== 15 local PP + 0.28 IS PP). The AHA shouldnt get anything. Instead it looks like no IS PP are applied but the 15.3 local production get split between the colonizer and the AHA.

The 0.01 could maybe be an error with rounding. But thats not the main issue.

edit: wrong local PP, whole thing makes more sense now
Last edited by Ophiuchus on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote:If i read that correctly, there is another supply group filling up the IS with 0.31 PP. The current IS of 0.28 should be used, so the IS difference of +0.3 is correct.
Right, that's from my first colony, two hops away from homeworld.
The colonizer should get 18.1 PP (== 15.3 local PP + 0.28 IS PP).
Don't you mean 15.28 from 15 (Zarra alpha I, homeworld) + 0.28 (IS) ?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#4 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote:
Ophiuchus wrote:The colonizer should get 18.1 PP (== 15.3 local PP + 0.28 IS PP).
Don't you mean 15.28 from 15 (Zarra alpha I, homeworld) + 0.28 (IS) ?
thanks for the correction. yes, and the sum was also very wrong. so probably a rounding issue.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!