Bug? Missing ship, no sitrep.

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Bug? Missing ship, no sitrep.

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing compiled version from github, with tweaks to self-containment and subterranean habitation techs performed "by hand" with no git use (I have no idea yet of how to commit changes, manage branches, etc.).
Version: Not sure if this is it:
~/FreeOrion/freeorion$ git rev-parse HEAD
5266024dd56ac679ec6f7d091cdd6b9ae1d583a6

I was playing a new game (has loaded previous saves two times during the game session, last one around turn 50).
In turn 81 I saw an enemy outpost ship went missing in one of my systems (Godel alpha). Due to freezed FO after taking screenshot, I have to restart FO.
I loaded turn 80 save, clicked next turn and saw how the outpost ship stoped in Godel Alpha and then disappeared.
I attach screenshots, saved games and logs. Saved games are from before the screenshot freezing, logs are from turn 81 after having loaded turn 80 and clicked next turn.
Attachments
ship_went_missing_no_sitrep.zip
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 85 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Bug? Missing ship, no sitrep.

#2 Post by Vezzra »

I haven't been around much recently, so if there has already been (or still is) an issue and/or fix on github dealing with this I haven't noticed yet. However, if there hasn't been any issue opened or fix, can you open an issue on github?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

I was about to submit the issue, right now, when I realised that ship could have been a flux bubble outpost that once got into the system became undetectable. Well, most probably it was a flux bubble. Can't load that game to check it.
This is related to another missing sitrep I saw a week earlier, involving a warship (that could not be a flux bubble hull, but I couldn't tell if that was some weird spatial flux armed ship) getting to one of my systems, but back then I confused the save files when reporting it here in the forum and could not reproduce it.

So lets forget about this unless it happens again and after double-checking that it's not a ship going invisible after arrival.

Related: Would it be reasonable to ask for a sitrep when an enemy ship goes invisible in an owned empire? or to leave a ghost icon in place?
Edit: I meant "in an owned system".
Last edited by Oberlus on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

Oberlus wrote:Related: Would it be reasonable to ask for a sitrep when an enemy ship goes invisible in an owned empire? or to leave a ghost icon in place?
I been wondering about that myself already. IMO such a sitrep actually would make sense... at least I would like to get a notice if something I could detect suddenly vanishes (and not because it moved out of my detection range).