AI seems to neglect stealth techs

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

AI seems to neglect stealth techs

#1 Post by Oberlus »

In my few last games with Sly (either playing it myself or pitching AIs against each other in unattended games) I've noticed that AI does not research planetary stealth techs. Either Sly, Laenfa or Trith, by turn 150 they are always at the same planetary stealth level than at turn 1 (while most AIs will have detection 30 before turn 100 and some will have 50 by turn 150).
On the other hand, I do get those techs and I am virtually invisible for all enemy empires from start until the end.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: AI seems to neglect stealth techs

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Yes, they have been ignoring stealth techs, and are only slightly adaptive in when they research detection techs. I am hoping to have time to squeeze into 0.4.8 some stealth tech use (for aggressive and maniacal only, probably) as well as making them more sensitive to the stealth and detection tech levels of enemy empires.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0