FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am 
Programming, Design, Admin

Oberlus wrote:
The compiled version, pulled from github two days ago, has the same problem.
Update to the latest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am 
Vacuum Dragon

OK, thank you, I'll do it ASAP (probably this evening) and report.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:36 pm 
Vacuum Dragon

The invasion button appears, and it works. But it seems something is still broken for the AI, it wont invade any planet, despite having visibility, defenses down, armed ships and more than enough troops for the invasion in orbit of the planet for several (5+) turns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 am 
AI Lead, Programmer

Oberlus wrote:
The invasion button appears, and it works. But it seems something is still broken for the AI, it wont invade any planet, despite having visibility, defenses down, armed ships and more than enough troops for the invasion in orbit of the planet for several (5+) turns.
Yes, the AI hasn't yet gotten these updates from CurrentMeter to InitialMeter that the human UI just got. I'll be trying to get a PR together for that later tonight, hopefully in time for a little review and testing and then hopefully getting merged before next week's build.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:44 pm 
AI Lead, Programmer

The fix for AI invasions of generally-shielded planets was a simple fix, I did a quick test and pushed it to master rather than holding it up with a PR.

I'll also do a review of other AI uses of CurrentMeter and decide which ones would probably be better as InitialMeter, depending on how clear the decision seems I may push it directly or put up a PR.

Side note, I also put in a fix for SP_SLY-- they had been suicidally dejected over their recent affliction with BAD_SUPPLY and were essentially not colonizing at all, that's fixed now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm 
AI Lead, Programmer

dbenage-cx wrote:
Given a system with only a single planet with Ancient Guardians, still seeing +1 troop gain where ships have attacked for 5+ turns.
This issue is still ongoing, I'm going to make a github Issue on it. One AI planet I was camped on was still getting troop regen of 5 per turn even though it was under constant attack by my ships, and a similar thing happened when one of my planets was under blockade from an AI.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 am 
AI Lead, Programmer

This troop regen glitch is proving tough to corral. In the meantime, the AI has probably been under-performing and making testing less enjoyable, so I've put up a PR that includes both one 'normal' invasion planning improvement for the AI, plus a temporary adjustment basically informing the AI of this regen glitch. I suggest any active testers cherrypick both commits for now.