Bug: starting basic colony ship at 100+ speed?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Bug: starting basic colony ship at 100+ speed?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Playing compiled, pulled 8 hours ago.
Check the image.
If I select the scout (75), it needs 2 turns to reach the Staila system
Attachments
fast_coloniser.png
fast_coloniser.png (204.92 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Bug: starting basic colony ship at 100+ speed?

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Um, I don't see any replies to that report... has the issue sorted itself out, or is it still present in current master? If the latter, has an issue been opened about this on github?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

I've been paying attention to this but I saw it not happening again.
It may be related to the recent (last month) changes to improve ship/fleet selection when they are too close to each other, and I think there is still work going on on that.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

even though it is not so obvious from your screenshot, I am pretty sure that this is another case as is now reported in Issue 2025, which I have also encountered a few times ingame. I was hoping that LGMDoyle would have a chance to look at it, but I may poke around with it also.

edit: to clarify-- In your first screenshot, the colony ship and scout are sharing the fleetbutton at the scout's position, but notice the white pathing dots that start much closer to the destination, those are for the colony ship.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

Yes, I think the key is in those white dots in the starlane: I think the colony ship is actually closer to the Staila Y system and not in the place where I see it.