Batch size options are insufficient (sometimes).

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Batch size options are insufficient (sometimes).

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Currently you can set a batch size of x1, x2... x5, x10, x20... x50, x99 (total 11 options).
I very often need (want) to produce 7, 9, 13... units of something (usually troop droops) that I want to finish on the same turn. Since I can't set a batch size of 7, I need to order two batches of 5 and 2 (or 4 and 3) and micromanage them to get both produced at the same turn.
Could we have a more versatile way to set the batch size instead of a drop-down menu with fixed sizes?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Batch size options are insufficient (sometimes).

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Oberlus wrote:Could we have a more versatile way to set the batch size instead of a drop-down menu with fixed sizes?
You can certainly add an Issue requesting an additional ProductionQueue context menu option for adjusting batch size (which would open up an edit window kind of like for renaming things). I agree it's a minor hassle to deal with at times, but there is no telling when any of us might decide this makes the cut on our personal priority lists for implementing things.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Batch size options are insufficient (sometimes).

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Agree, it is less than a minor issue. I wouldn't mind seeing it at the end of list for years. So I'll open it (eventually, not now, feeling lazy).