Notes on rev 4932

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Zireael
Space Dragon

Notes on rev 4932

#1 Post by Zireael »

1) Building shipyards now takes an immense amount of time (~50 turns).
2) I got a 'Ground combat occurred on Chort I' when there's no enemy in sight anywhere, and certainly not on the planet mentioned.

More to come.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Notes on rev 4932

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:2) I got a 'Ground combat occurred on Chort I' when there's no enemy in sight anywhere, and certainly not on the planet mentioned.
For an issue at a specific location such as that, please provide a save the reproduces the issues upon loading and ending turn (not that already has the sitrep message shown).

Zireael
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Zireael »

I started a new game (same settings) to replicate this, and ran into another bug. "Information on the area was obtained from an abandoned derelict at Unexplored Region".

ETA: Twice. Attached two more saves, then.

Saves (one turn earlier and the turn it happened) attached.

Will see if the ground combat bug happens again.

EDIT: This is a buggy day for me. Yet another one, this time at Sparta, where I don't have any ships nor had I ever. Attached save from the turn it happened.
Attachments
once again.zip
(135.76 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
yet another bug.zip
(62.84 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
another bug.zip
(97.81 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Zireael
Space Dragon

#4 Post by Zireael »

Another post, as I can't add more than 3 attachments. Another bug. "Battle occurred at Tauri". No enemy ships on map whatsoever. I have yet to see the AI (from the previous game I know they are finally more active). Saves attached.
Attachments
unexpected battle.zip
(139.27 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Geoff the Medio

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:"Information on the area was obtained from an abandoned derelict at Unexplored Region".
What makes that a bug?

Zireael
Space Dragon

#6 Post by Zireael »

*Unexplored Region*! How can you obtain info from a derelict in an area you've never been in?!

Geoff the Medio

#7 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:*Unexplored Region*! How can you obtain info from a derelict in an area you've never been in?!
Hmm... Probably due to a problem with sitrep generating effects.

Edit: It was as I thought. The messages were about other empires getting derelict-related detection bonuses, but the effect generating the sitrep message was sending it to all empires. It's fixed now.

Edit2: The battle at Tauri is due to an enemy fleet moving into that system that turn and then being destroyed.