v0.4.2 Release Candidate #2 Discussion

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
markpi
Space Floater

Re: v0.4.2 Release Candidate #2 Discussion

#61 Post by markpi »

hi,
version 5764
systems 306
elliptical
mature all medium
laenfa
14 ai
trith on the right side
they send a scout and i´m pretty sure ai knows a sentinel is there ( holding ) ~turn 15
( there are 2 planets with ourbools in the system garriot )
then troopers without arms try
then mark1+mark2 ( 3 structure damage )
does ai have rules like : if u scout a sentinel and wanna kill it cause it´s worth take 5 mark3 or 3 oragnics1 and if it´s not urgent wait maybe
1 more ship is ready to take part to be costefficient ( coordinating it with troops that fly in 1 round later and take over a planet in the next round wouldn´t harm ) ?

AndrewW
Juggernaut

#62 Post by AndrewW »

Played through another [5763] with the AI on aggressive, gave me a bit more trouble early on this time around, ring galaxy with an AI on either side. Eventually managed to hold off the one AI while I eliminated the other one. The third AI ended up being on the other side of the one I was holding off.

It was massing ships along the border, though I made a number of preemptive strikes and took out some of the AI's fleets before they got too powerful. Did manage to capture one of my colonies a couple of times though.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#63 Post by Dilvish »

markpi wrote:they send a scout and i´m pretty sure ai knows a sentinel is there
"pretty sure?" If you saw them send a ship in to its death there before, then you can know for sure they know, & I'd like to hear more about it because that would be a bug to fix. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the AI did NOT know previously that the sentinel was there.
does ai have rules like : if u scout a sentinel and wanna kill it cause it´s worth take 5 mark3 or 3 oragnics1 and if it´s not urgent wait maybe
Yes, the AI assesses enemy fleet strengths, and infers it from ship losses if it doesn't have visibility on the enemy fleet due to stealth. I've had some trouble lately though it seems with how I had been accessing info on previously seen fleets that seems to no longer be working, so it would be treating it like a stealthed enemy, periodically trying with stronger and stronger fleets. I have an idea on another way to access the info on previously seen fleets I need to give a try to.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0